• Report: #241956

• Submitted: Mon, April 02, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, April 02, 2007

• Reported By:Stateline Nevada
Half mania
P.O. Box 14461 Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

Halfmania - Gratis Internet scammed me. I paid for a product they did not ship. They do not return email phone mail. ripoff Washington District of Columbia

Halfmania scammed me!

I completed the two necessary offers for an iPod shuffle. I paid $45.00 ($40 for iPod + $5.00 for shipping) via PayPal on March 5, 2007. This is the only payment choice you get.

A week later I checked the status which said: "Uh oh! Sorry, this item has been put on hold by Customer Service. Click here for more information." Clicking there does not give you any information; it just takes you back to the product page.

I emailed them three times, but never got a response. I used the "contact us" button on their website; I replied to the email I got from them stating my product had been ordered (HalfMania@my-account-info.com); and I used the email address that PayPayl has listed as their customer service email (orders@gratisinternet.com). Gratis Internet is the company that payment is sent to when you click on the "pay via paypal" button on Halfmania.com's website.

I then found an address for them (Halfmania.com, Ben Franklin Station, P.O. Box 14461, Washington DC 20044-4461) listed at the bottom of their Terms & Conditions page and sent them a letter. I sent it certified mail (USPS # xx02638), return receipt so I would know when they received it. According to the post office, the letter has not been picked up and has been sitting in their mailbox since March 23, 2007.

My PayPal transaction details for this $45 transaction shows a phone number for Gratis Internet: 202.350.9919. This number rings 4 times then gets picked up by voicemail with this message: "The person at extension 719 is unavailable. Please leave your message after the tone." The message I left at this number has not been returned.

In addition, the email address I registered with Halfmania.com has been receiving about 20 spam messages every day. At first these messages had a link to remove your address from the sender's list. Now I have been receiving spam with no removal link. Also, much of the spam I am now getting is of a sexually explicit nature.

This was a $45 lesson that not only is nothing free, it's not half-priced either.

Eric
Stateline, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2007 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Half-mania/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20044-4461/Halfmania-Gratis-Internet-scammed-me-I-paid-for-a-product-they-did-not-ship-They-do-241956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Half mania