Complaint Review: Half.com By Ebay.com

• Submitted: Thu, February 08, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, February 17, 2007

• Reported By:Oakdale California
Half.com By Ebay.com
half.ebay.com/ San Jose, California U.S.A.

Half.com By Ebay.com ripoff Suspended my account and is withholding over $500 in payment Half.com is a manless operated scam San Jose California

*Author of original report: BEST THING TO DO

Apparently, half.com realized that I sold more books than usual in a month's time in January 2007, then they sent me a suspension e-mail on February 3rd that claimed I was "Abusing eBay":
"...we may limit, suspend, or terminate our service and user accounts, prohibit access to our website, remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep users off the Site if we think that they are creating problems, possible legal liabilities, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies."

I have e-mailed customer service several times and have received no further explanation or details for the suspension. In my opinion, I believe a customer complained and wanted to return their book and did a chargeback with their credit card. Currently, half.com is holding over $500 in payments which may or may not come after "90 days [has] passed, [half.com] can review [my] account."

I read some of the other reports on here and I have a feeling that I may not get my money in 90 days. I'm also going to file a complaint with the better business bureau and DA of San Jose. I can be contacted at prblades@hotmail.com

Adam
Oakdale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2007 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Halfcom-By-Ebaycom/San-Jose-California-95125/Halfcom-By-Ebaycom-ripoff-Suspended-my-account-and-is-withholding-over-500-in-payment-H-235124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Half.com By Ebay.com

BEST THING TO DO

AUTHOR: Adam - (U.S.A.)

Recently, I faxed half.com all the necessary information, but my account is still suspended. They told me that I have to write them back after 90 days from the suspension to receive the funds in my account.

Contact your Governor he is in the same state as ebay and half.com and he will write to the FTC on your behalf.

California State Senators

Also file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at their site -- they are in charge of shutting down Internet scams and prosecuting criminals. If there are enough complaints with the FTC, then ebay is going to have their share of problems:
Federal Trade Commission