Complaint Review: Half.com

• Submitted: Mon, September 11, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, February 20, 2007

• Reported By:Dongola Illinois
Half.com
2145 Hamilton Ave San Jose, California U.S.A.

Half.com FELONY THIEVES, DOES NOT PAY SELLERS, RIPOFF, DO NOT SELL ON HALF.COM! San Jose California

*Consumer Suggestion: Call and write these people and check back to this site often with updates

SELLERS BEWARE! Do not sell on HALF.COM they have this policy to start with that you get paid every 2 weeks (which it is bad in itself) but get this, since they hooked up with ebay, they drum up any reason they can think of to suspend your account so they can hold your money!

Here's what happened, I was told about half.com by a relative of mine, she said they were a pretty nice place to sell so i signed up and started selling, well, i got my first payment of $62 no problem then the relative that refered me got her ebay account suspended because she was selling her sons games GBA games (not breaking any "rules") but ebay said they COULD BE infringing items.. "what?!?!" so they suspended her and because she refered me and got her account suspended because of a bogus reason, they suspended me as well! Yep True Story! JUST BECAUSE I AM RELATED!

So now they are holding $205.57 of my money for items I already sold and shipped (with tracking numbers for proof) and everyone already has and are happy, but they still won't release my money just because I am related to someone else that lives 10 miles from me!

I would appriciate any help on this matter, I was expecting this money to pay towards my insurance. This is rediculous! I am sorry if I misspelled any words I do that when i am upset..

There has to be some law against this.. If it was an individual holding anyone elses money it would be called a felony and that person would be arrested so what makes half.com any better??
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Jesse
Dongola, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2006 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Halfcom/San-Jose-California-95125/Halfcom-FELONY-THIEVES-DOES-NOT-PAY-SELLERS-RIPOFF-DO-NOT-SELL-ON-HALFCOM-San-Jose-C-210447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Half.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Call and write these people and check back to this site often with updates

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I AM IN THE SAME SITUATION AS YOU PLEASE WRITE A LETTER TO THESE PEOPLE FOR HELP, EVEN IF YOU GOT YOUR MONEY YOU SHOULD STILL WRITE THEM TO COMPLAIN TO ABOUT THEM.

My State Senator has contacted the Federal Trade Commission on my behalf. I am hoping maybe the Fair Trade Commission is next.

California State Senators
do not contact the US senators but your local State Senators

go to google and type in your state Senator

I am now sending a letter to the Governor of California. Everyone with a similar situation should do all the above.

I got this email:
Thank you for emailing the Governor's Office regarding your need for assistance. Due to the sensitivity of your issue, the Governor's Office must receive a detailed letter in writing requesting our help. If you have not already done so, please send a letter that provides all pertinent information, such as: return address, telephone number, case/claim number and additional material important for the review process, including your signature.

Please address your letter to the Governor and send your letter by fax to (916) 445-4633 or by mail to the following address:

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
State Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA 95814

Again, the Governor is deeply committed to Californians, such as yourself, and looks forward to providing any assistance possible.

Sincerely,

Office of Constituent Affairs

BBB has been no help but you should still file a complaint Santa Clara office you should still file a complaint

California State Senators