Complaint Review: Half.com

• Submitted: Thu, May 22, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, May 22, 2003

• Reported By:McKinney Texas
1200 Montego Way Walnut Creek, California U.S.A.

Half.com unauthorized debit ripoff Walnut Creek California

I received an email on 9-26-02 stating that my credit card would be debited $71.45 within 3 business days for a book that was confirmed but not sold. I had no problem with this.

The problem is that the actual debit was placed on 9-25-02 causing my account to go negative. My bank assessed fees because of this error and I need these fees credited back to my account.

I received this email today with their response:

Thanks for writing back.

Good timing! This issue was resolved just last week. The primary issue our technical teams were looking at was whether or not the emails were sent late. In this case the emails were loaded at one time and sent the following day. This will not occur again.

As far as the fees incurred on your account these will not be replaced by Half.com. I would recommend keeping a reserve in any bank account you use for any activity. This way bounced checks will not be an issue. This is a basic financial suggestion.

I apologize for the time it took to resolve this matter.

McKinney, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2003 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Halfcom/Walnut-Creek-California-94598/Halfcom-unauthorized-debit-ripoff-Walnut-Creek-California-58049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Half.com