Complaint Review: Half.com

• Updated: Tue, July 03, 2007

• Reported By:Texarkana Texas
Half.com
Half.com Internet U.S.A.

Half.com And Buyer Lori Cheney Aka Ironmandan1965 310 7th Ave E. Wendell, ID 83355 Half.com did a chargeback on a sale I completed 45 days after it was shipped. The sale was for a PSP that I sent insured to the buyer. I was never notified by the buyer of a problem such as not receiving the item. Half.com, Buyer Location: Wendell Internet, Buyer's state ID 83355 Internet

I made a sale to a buyer using Half.com on March 31, 2007 for a PlayStation Portable console. I mailed the item insured on April 4, 2007. On June 14, 2007 I received an email from Half.com that they had received a chargeback from the sale which meant that either the buyer is claiming that they did not receive the item or that it was a result of the purchase being made with un-
authorized funds. They wanted proof of delivery by a tracking number, delivery confirmation number from the shipping carrier or USPS return receipt signed by the buyer. I sent them the information that I had from the post office which they considered insufficient. As a result, they charged me with the $175.00 and I'm out the PSP console and the money. I contacted Half.com on numerous occasions regarding this matter and have yet to speak to a real person. All I keep getting is the run around and the final conclusion is that it's my fault and I must take it up with the buyer. I have contacted the buyer who denies having any activity with me even though I have the paperwork confirming the sale by this individual. It's obvious that I was scammed by this person who has been a member at Half.com for 6 months or less. This particular buyer is listed as a member in good standing on their website. I, on the other hand, have been a member with an excellent rating since 2000. I have never had this type problem on the site before, but then, I have never sold anything this expensive until now...and I get ripped off!

Elizabeth
Texarkana, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2007 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Halfcom/internet/Halfcom-And-Buyer-Lori-Cheney-Aka-Ironmandan1965-310-7th-Ave-E-Wendell-ID-83355-Halfco-258513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Half.com