Complaint Review: Half.com

• Updated: Thu, October 08, 2009

• Reported By: jc — Southborough Massachusetts USA
Half.com
http://www.half.ebay.com/ Internet United States of America

Half.com Charged credit card without authorization; never had a business relationship with them. Internet

I received a call from the Chase Bank Visa fraud department that a company called Half.com had charged our credit card, and the charge was suspicious and appeared fraudulent.  Neither my wife or myself had ever done business with this company, and to be honest I've never even heard of them.  Chase said our card had been compromised, and had to be closed.  A new card issued, and we were asked to fill out a fraud report.

This is the first time, in over 30 years of carrying a credit card, that a company has charged my account without authorization.  It's even more annoying considering that we didn't have any business relationship with them.  This cost my family a great deal of inconvenience and several hours of time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2009 05:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Halfcom/internet/Halfcom-Charged-credit-card-without-authorization-never-had-a-business-relationship-wit-506569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Half.com