Complaint Review: Half.com

• Updated: Fri, February 29, 2008

• Reported By:Smallwood New York
Internet U.S.A.

Half.com Unfair rules or practices Internet

I appealed to this company about a half dozen times in the last past three months. I have never seen any company so unbending in their rules. I had to suffer unfair spiteful feedback on my ebay account for a half.com transaction that never even took place.

A buyer wanted a book from me and placed the order. I cancelled it prompty since I had just sold the book to someone else on another web site only hours before. I promptly issued a refund according to all half.com's instructions and rules.

Two weeks later I heard from this buyer wanting to know where his book was. Emails were exchanged and his became harrassing. Then he left me negative feedback and he is no longer a registered ebay user. Half.com is refusing to remove this feedback even though I explained the situation over and over and why I feel that my case is strong that it should be removed. They will not do it.

I insisted that this wasn't a transaction. I never recieved his money and of course never shipped the book. Nothing was promised to this buyer. The refund was issued so quickly he didn't even realize it was cancelled and half.com certainly never deposited anything in my account.

This effected my feedback score considerably on ebay. Half.com transactions should not be allowed to be posted to one's ebay feedback account. I don't care if they own the company. It isn't fair. A transaction never occured and that is final.

Smallwood, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2008 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Halfcom/internet/Halfcom-Unfair-rules-or-practices-Internet-313521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Half.com