Complaint Review: Half.com

• Updated: Mon, February 01, 2010

• Reported By: Lee — pocatello Idaho USA
Half.com
ebay.com Internet United States of America

Half.com ebay suspended my acount confiscated my money and won't return for 90 days while they collect the interest. They are holding over $150,000! Internet

*General Comment: Check is in the Mail

*Consumer Comment: Me 2. Did you ever get paid though?

* : me too

Any one out there brave enough to take on a major corporation that has appointed themselves "God" to the book sells industry? Half has supended several of my accounts just a few days before pay day and has given me no reason for 4 of them and will not take phone calls, let us access their attorney, takes weeks to return any emails and then just says, when they do, your account is suspended.

They are now sitting on approximately $200,000 of my money, collecting interest and said that it is frozen for 90 days! If any other company tried to freeze someones assest without a reason or a judges decree, it wouldn't happen. But half.com can!

I am wondering if there is some way that I can lay claim to that money now. Has anyone else ever had this problem with Half?  I do know of 6 other people, 1 in Missouri, 1 in Utah and 4 in Idaho that also have money frozen.

Is this a scam or a very well drafted contract that can never be broken? And I don't really want to call it a very well drafted contract as I feel that this is totally illegal.

Is there anybody out there listening who is not in half's, now ebay's back pocket that could help out a consumer?

Thanks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2009 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Halfcom/internet/Halfcom-ebay-suspended-my-acount-confiscated-my-money-and-wont-return-for-90-days-while-489691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Half.com

#1 General Comment

Check is in the Mail

AUTHOR: Cbrower - (United States of America)

I have also been hurt by Ebay/Half.com.  I continued to email the EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Yesterday I received an email from them stating I would get a "manual check" and it would take 6 to 8 weeks because they are a corporation and it is a long process to get a manual check done.  I have worked in the accounting department, accounts payable to be exact, and it does not take that long to write a check.  It takes exactly 1 day.  This is once again just another tactic on their part to delay payment of funds.

We need an attorney willing to file in the courst that Ebay/Half.com can not meet their financial obligations.  If someone can file this, they will have to shut down and prove their financial worth.

Me 2. Did you ever get paid though?

AUTHOR: Hugh - (United States of America)

My balance is much smaller. Their responses are canned and incoherent. Any tips? What works to get their attention. I just want my money! They already got their commission. Its been 120 days now~

#3

me too

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

i got my account suspended for no reason too and as you know payday is 4  days away, and they are holding over 35,000 of my money.

this is the reason they gave when i have over 50 feedback of positive in August alone.

MC001 FPA NOTICE B001: Half.com Registration Suspension - User Agreement - ua1kphl072009