Complaint Review: Half.com

• Updated: Sat, April 13, 2002

• Reported By:
Half.com
Nationwide U.S.A.

Half.com Horrible customer service and response times, if at all they will rip you off *REBUTTAL

*Consumer Suggestion: Constructive Comment

*0: Bottom line - increase your asking price

Half.com has easily got to be the worst company when it comes to competend people and working with their customers. I sent a customer his video and the customer claims he never received it.

Half.com limits the amount of shipping a person can receive from the buyer to only $2.30 cents and (get this) half.com takes a portion of that so the seller actually only receives $1.78 to ship the item to the seller (which is barely enough to cover media mail).

Needless to say there is no extra money given for any additional mail services such as delivery confirmation, insurance or anything. Anyway, so some incompedent half.com service rep contacts me and tells me that the customer never received his item and that I need to prove that it was sent.

I tell them that I did send it but that I couldn't prove it beyond that because they do not allow the seller to get enough money from the buyer to track the item. They said that it's my problem, not theirs and because I can't prove that it was sent, that they charged my credit card the amount the customer gave me and gave it back to the customer.

So now I am out of the video and the money for it! Then... to make matters worse.. another idiot customer service rep emails me this generic email that says, based on your confirmation of never sending the video to the customer, we will be charging your credit card to credit the customer!

Couldn't believe it. This company is horrible and really ignorant when it comes to business practices. Furthermore, I have sent over 12 emails to them, and have yet to have them respond.

Yet when they were trying to find out when the video was sent and what not, they were responding to my emails within one hour of it's decent!!! Go figure! My suggestion is do not buy off of HALF.COM

They will rip you off and do unauthorized charges on your credit cards!

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on HALF.COM

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Halfcom/nationwide/Halfcom-Horrible-customer-service-and-response-times-if-at-all-they-will-rip-you-off-RE-9224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Half.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Constructive Comment

AUTHOR: Kimberly - ()

I am a seller on Half.com and I would like to make a suggestion: the cheapest way to mail is media mail when you send it save the receipt it lists the zip code you are sending to that is proof that you sent it you don't need to send it with delivery confirmation though that is another option to protect yourself from the situation described.

If a buyer doesn't receive or claims not to receive an item file a PS1510 mail loss/rifling report with USPS it is a trace that costs you nothing and you do not need to pay for delivery confirm to get it.

I only had to use it once when a buyer claimed not to receive an item, they (USPS) did the trace found the item and it was duly delivered. it may take a while for them to deliver or trace it but USPS will do it.

Bear this in mind next time. Good Luck! Half.com is an easy way to make some extra money selling your used CDS, books, videos.

#2 0

Rebuttal:
I have been a seller on Half.com for over a year. I sell videos as well. While it is true that you are only reimbursed 1.78 for shipping, I can mail the package media mail WITH delivery confirmation for less than 1.90. Yes you will lose up to 12 cents per transaction, but when a buyer says they have not recieved it, and USPS says they delivered it - you are no
longer liable. Bottom line - increase your asking price to cover the additional shipping cost of 12 cents!

#3 0