Complaint Review: Half.com

• Submitted: Mon, January 07, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, January 07, 2002

• Reported By:Tarzana CA
www.half.com , nationwide U.S.A.

Half.com is a rip off & steals your money!

I will think long and hard before ordering again through eBay's Half.com.

On 11/29/01 I paid Half.com for a book, which in their acknowledgement they told me to expect by 12/24. They ignored my notification on 12/24 that I had not received anything. Their response to my follow-up on 12/28 was to tell me that I should receive a refund within 14 days from the date of that message (January 3).

I thus was informed that I would be denied not only the merchandise I expected, but the use of my money for very nearly two full months, without any recompense whatever, or even an acknowledgement of that issue.

I'm aware that two months' interest on the cost of one book is not much; but the totality of such small amounts from their various disappointed customers must be a considerable amount, with which Half.com is unjustly enriching its coffers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Halfcom/nationwide/Halfcom-is-a-rip-off-steals-your-money-10847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Half.com