Complaint Review: Halifax Communication

• Submitted: Mon, November 25, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, November 25, 2002

• Reported By:Hebron Ky
Halifax Communication
P.O. Box 120790 Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Halifax Communication ripoff consumer fraud ripoff Fort Lauderdale Florida

My mother and I are always looking for an income opportunity. She is 73 and retired on a fixed income and I became unable to work two years ago and also unable to collect disability. When my mother received an opportunity to "work at home" putting together and mailing "catalogs" for this company she thought this would be perfect for both of us. She even tried to get her sister in on it. Lucky for her, she declined.
On October 28, 2002 I sent a check for $55.00 to Halifax Communications in good faith for the startup package. On November 11, 2002 the check was cashed. The date today is November 25, 2002 and I have received nothing from this company.

I guess I would have kept on waiting if my mother hadn't called me with another income opportunity. It was the same thing! The name and street address were different, but the content was the same as was the city and state. I have not been able to get a phone number for Halifax Communication and don't know what I can do about it. I would like to have my money back. That may not seem like a lot of money to some people, but it is to us. I wonder how many other people who are worse off than us these peope have scammed?

Hebron, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2002 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Halifax-Communication/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33312/Halifax-Communication-ripoff-consumer-fraud-ripoff-Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-36216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Halifax Communication