Complaint Review: Halifax Communication

• Submitted: Mon, November 17, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, November 17, 2003

• Reported By:shawnee Kansas
Halifax Communication
Halifax.com Hollywood, Florida U.S.A.

Halifax Communication ripoff Hollywood Florida

A mailer was sent to me from a company called Halifax Aug.5,03. It described stuffing and mailing catalogs with a guaranteed $10 per catalog rate of return. I chose their package that would pay $5000 for mailing 500 catalogs and mailed them a $195 money order the next day. The package also included free postage for the catalogs and guaranteed program fee payback, which would be added to my fourth check.

I have recieved nothing in return from this company!! A telephone number was provided at the bottom of the mailer. When calling this number, a recording is heard that instructs to leave a message and someone will be in touch. But, after the recording is over, another voice is heard informing that the mail box is full and to call back later. To this day, I have not been able to leave a message and the mail box is always full!!!!

I bought into this catalog scam in good faith and thought it could help supplement my income. Their mailer seemed sincere and legitimate. When i did not recieve anything from them after 2 months, I mailed off for a copy of the money order that i mailed for program set up. The money order was rubber stamped on the back "For Deposit Only-Halifax Communication." It was not hand signed nor did it show an address. I do not know how to go about getting my money back! I have no address or legitmate phone number to reach them. I hope something is done about this place before many more people are ripped off!!!

shawnee, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2003 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Halifax-Communication/Hollywood-Florida/Halifax-Communication-ripoff-Hollywood-Florida-72165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Halifax Communication