Complaint Review: Halliburton/Mellon Bank

• Reported By: Azzifunew — M.V. Arizona United States of America
Halliburton/Mellon Bank
P.O. Box 358014 Pittsburg, Pennsylvania United States of America

Halliburton/Mellon Bank Bad Check Pittsburg, Pennsylvania

I received in the mail today a check for $3500. Tried to call Mellon Bank in New York, NY but was told to call an 800 number. So I called the 800 and was told that only my bank could verify the funds. So I drove to the bank and was very embarrassed to find out I had received a bad check. I met a guy online who claims that he's in a sticky situation and my stupid self believed but didn't believe what he was telling me. So needless to say I'm glad I took it into my bank and asked them about it and not just depositing it into my bank.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2009 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HalliburtonMellon-Bank/Pittsburg-Pennsylvania-15252/HalliburtonMellon-Bank-Bad-Check-Pittsburg-Pennsylvania-547644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Halliburton/Mellon Bank