Complaint Review: Halloween Adventure

• Updated: Sat, August 24, 2013

• Reported By: Cookie-queen — Canoga park California
Halloween Adventure
8441 Canoga ave, canoga park, ca 91304 Canoga park, California USA

Halloween Adventure Costume Warehouse, Halloween-Adventure.com Did not honor their own exchange policy ! I experienced the worst customer service EVER!! Canoga park California

I have been a long time customer of Halloween Adventure.

I came to the store to buy Halloween costumes and props for a Food TV shoot- and spent $400. I asked about their return policy and was told that it was exchange only and required a receipt within 30 days of purchase. Great.

2 days later I came back because 2 items did not work out for me- they were not scary- so I came into the store and saw the same clerk from earlier. I told her I needed to return the 2 items : she immediately retorted with "no refunds!" So I reassured her that I intended to exchange them. I put the items on the desk in front of her- with an original receipt: 100% I accordance to their exchange policy.

I picked up over $100 worth of props and came to the counter. I expected my refund would be applied- I even told her I knew there would be a $10 difference so i pulled out my card- the next thing I knew, I was signing a reciept where I was charged $108 !!! I asked her where my exchange was- she had clearly made a mistake. No big deal. But she called for a manager and the next thing I knew, the manager "Kim" was lecturing me advising the clerk on my intention to exchange!

I reiterated several times that I DID state my intention: the merchandise with receipt was sitting on the counter the entire time! I was basically called a liar. So aggravating.

They refused to give me a refund or even store credit that I could use later. Every year I purchase over $1000 worth of Halloween party favors , decorations and props.

They told me they could exchange if I get more merchandise. What about my $108???!!!! Why was it not exchanged?

I was very upset and left the store. They ripped me off for $108- I am fuming about it. thisnis the first time I feel like a store cheated me- and it does not feel good. I am outraged and angry.

I contacted the owner/CEO. Took almost a week to get a hold of him. no one ever returned my calls!

And when I finally caught up with "Ryan" the CEO on the phone, He refused to make this right.

Daria Artem

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2013 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Halloween-Adventure/Canoga-park-California-91304/Halloween-Adventure-Costume-Warehouse-Halloween-Adventurecom-Did-not-honor-their-own-ex-1078804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Halloween Adventure