Complaint Review: Hamilton Road Self Storage/Budget Truck Rental

• Submitted: Mon, May 11, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, November 10, 2009

• Reported By:Dublin Ohio
Hamilton Road Self Storage/Budget Truck Rental
4350 South Hamilton Road Groveport, Ohio U.S.A.

Hamilton Road Self Storage/Budget Truck Rental Charged for gas and a filling charge when the vehicle was returned full Groveport Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Budget Fuel Policy

*UPDATE Employee: Budget Fuel Policy

I returned a one way rental truck to their location after hours. I had just filled up the truck at a gas station approximately 3 miles away. In going over my credit card statement, I saw that the I was charged $41.07 from the drop off location. I called them to inquire as to the charge and was advised that the truck was not full and there was a $30.00 refuel charge + $11.07 in gas. I advised that I had the receipt from the gas station which shows I put in $66.56 in diesel. The answer I received was that the receipt shows only that I put diesel in the truck but does not prove that it was full. I asked what could be done to remedy the concern and was advised nothing because they were right and I was wrong. I am not sure about anyone else, but when the pump shuts off, I look in the tank and it is full, I consider the tank full. Why would I put in $66.56 worth of diesel, have the receipt in my hand, and have them dispute it so that they can charge me another $41.07. Needless to say, I will not be renting from Budget Trucks anymore and certainly not Hamilton Road Self Storage.

Disgruntled consumer
Dublin, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2009 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hamilton-Road-Self-StorageBudget-Truck-Rental/Groveport-Ohio-43125/Hamilton-Road-Self-StorageBudget-Truck-Rental-Charged-for-gas-and-a-filling-charge-when-t-450743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hamilton Road Self Storage/Budget Truck Rental

Budget Fuel Policy

AUTHOR: Hamilton rd - (U.S.A.)

The terms and conditions regarding Budget Truck Rental's fuel policy are thoroughly explained to EVERY customer prior to renting a truck.  The trucks are full of fuel when the customers drive them off the lot and they are expected to be returned to the dealer with a full tank of gas or diesel, depending on the truck.  This means that the needle on the fuel gauge MUST be all the way to the "F".  If the truck is not completely full, then it is Budget's policy to charge the customer a $30.00 fuel fee, plus the cost of the fuel.

When I checked the truck, the needle was very clearly NOT on full.  I'm shocked that you did not notice this when you turned on the truck.  If you had, then you would have obviously realized that the tank was NOT full.  If the tank was full, as you claim, then there's no way I would have been able to put in another $11.07 worth of diesel, which was roughly 5 more gallons.

I attempted to call you that morning to give you a chance to come back and fill up the rest of the truck, but the number you had listed was out of service.  I even called the dealer in Illinois where you got the truck to see if they had another way of contacting you.  I was unable to get in touch with you, therefore, according to Budget policy, I had no other choice but to charge you $41.07.  If you have a complaint about this policy, then I suggest you contact Budget Truck Rental at 1-800-GO-BUDGET, instead of posting this defamatory message, which was created to do harm to our business.

Hamilton Road Storage and Budget Truck Rental are two completely separate business entities.  What happens with one business has no effect on the other, whatsoever.  Hamilton Road Storage has built a solid reputation based on our fairness and mutual respect for our clientele.  I find it incredulous that you would even mention our company name in this message.  The problem you encountered with Budget had nothing to do with the way we conduct operations at Hamilton Road Storage.  I am sorry if you do not understand or agree with Budget's fuel policy, but please do not attempt to shed a negative light on our company.  Hamilton Road Storage's reputation speaks for itself, and we value the honest and sincere relationship we share with our customers.

Budget Fuel Policy

AUTHOR: Hamilton rd - (U.S.A.)

The terms and conditions regarding Budget Truck Rental's fuel policy are thoroughly explained to EVERY customer prior to renting a truck.  The trucks are full of fuel when the customers drive them off the lot and they are expected to be returned to the dealer with a full tank of gas or diesel, depending on the truck.  This means that the needle on the fuel meter MUST be all the way to the "F".  If the truck is not completely full, then it is Budget's policy to charge the customer a $30.00 fuel fee, plus the cost of the fuel.

When I checked the truck, the needle was very clearly NOT on full.  I'm not sure about you, but when I fill up my car with gas, the first thing I do when I turn on the vehicle is look at the fuel gauge to make sure it is full.  If you had done this, and it's hard to believe you did not, then you would have obviously realized that the tank was NOT full.  If the tank was full, as you claimed, then there's no way I would have been able to put in another $11.07 worth of diesel, which was roughly 5 more gallons.

I attempted to call you that morning to give you a chance to come back and fill up the rest of the truck, but the number you had listed was out of service.  I even called the dealer in Illinois where you got the truck to see if they had another way of contacting you.  I was unable to get in touch with you, therefore, according to Budget policy, I had no other choice but to charge you $41.07.  If you have a complaint about this policy, then I suggest you contact Budget Truck Rental instead of posting this defamatory message, which was created to do harm to our business.