Complaint Review: Hamilton Watch / The Swatch Group (US)

• Submitted: Tue, November 25, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 25, 2008

• Reported By:Huntington Beach California
Hamilton Watch / The Swatch Group (US)
55 Metro Way, Suite #1 Secaucus, New Jersey U.S.A.

Hamilton Watch / The Swatch Group (US) awful customer service Secaucus New Jersey

I bought a Hamilton watch 5 years ago. I ordered a stainless replacement band at that time directly from the Swatch Group using the number on the back of the watch. It looked like the correct part at the time (I didn't actually install it). The original wrist band recently broke. When I went to use my replacement band, I discovered it did not fit (pin holes don't line-up).

I called Swatch directly to get the correct replacement band and see if I could exchange the incorrect one they sent me five years ago (which has never been used). Spoke with Rosanne, who was extremely nasty and refused to deal with me (they now only work with dealers).

I went to a local jeweler/watch repair store. They ordered a new band. They were sent the same part I was sent five years ago. The jeweler complained about how unpleasant it was dealing with there customer service manager Julene and agent Rosanne. The jeweler told me to contact the Swatch group in Los Angeles, because they were not going to deal with this. The jeweler indicated they were going to drop the Hamilton line, because the company is too difficult to deal with now.

I contacted the Swatch group in LA and they ordered the part from the parent company. After waiting about a month, they were sent the another band, which does not fit (even though they had the exact model number of my watch). I told them I would never buy another Swatch Group watch ever again.

If you want a watch that you can not get parts for, buy a Hamilton. Oh yeah, they still sell the watch: KHAKI FIELD line.

Huntington Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2008 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hamilton-Watch-The-Swatch-Group-US/Secaucus-New-Jersey-07094/Hamilton-Watch-The-Swatch-Group-US-awful-customer-service-Secaucus-New-Jersey-394903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hamilton Watch / The Swatch Group (US)