Complaint Review: Hammacher Schlemmer

• Updated: Mon, May 27, 2013

• Reported By: Bryce.Leitch — London Alabama
Hammacher Schlemmer
Internet USA

Hammacher Schlemmer Lied, cheated and then covered their eyes and ears  Internet

The other week I ordered a blender from Hammacher Schlemmer and did a lot of research into the blender market. I noticed that there were 4 or 5 very popular ones but I noticed that there was one from Hammacher Schlemmer with no brand or name, it seemed good so I probed into it to find the manufacturer. I couldn't find it so I trusted the site and ordered the blender.

The blender turned out to be one that's available everywhere; they just photoshopped out the brand name and logo, left it out of the description and never posted it anywhere on their website.

When the blender arrived I felt robbed. I paid 150% the price of the blender just to find out I could've bought it from a store on my block for 50$ less.

I tried to contact Hammacher Schlemmer and they ignored my emails. I got impatient and decided to try calling them. The business hours on the website say it's open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. When I called the recording said the business hours were from 8am to 4pm Monday - Friday, the first inconsistency. The second, was the fact that it was Monday at 12:45pm and the offices were apparently closed. There was a pre-recorded message telling me call back during business and then hung up on me. It's Monday at 12:45pm though. I double checked and we are in the same time zone. Clearly stated, Monday - Friday, 8am-4pm EST.

I'm stuck with the blender at an extra 50$ simply because nobody from Hammacher Schlemmer can be bothered to call me back, or email me back. I'm debating taking this one to the better business bureau because lying cheating and stealing seem to something that they have grown accustomed to. The more research I do, the more I learn that I'm not the first one they went into without lube.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2013 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hammacher-Schlemmer/internet/Hammacher-Schlemmer-Lied-cheated-and-then-covered-their-eyes-and-earsnbsp-Internet-1054131. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hammacher Schlemmer