Complaint Review: Hampton Cove Christian Academy

• Submitted: Sat, January 22, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, June 30, 2011

• Reported By: Concerned Consumer — Hampton Cove Alabama United States of America
Hampton Cove Christian Academy
351 Old Highway 431 Hampton Cove, Alabama United States of America

Hampton Cove Christian Academy, Hampton Cove Academy, HCCA Owner rips parents off, overcharges, makes parents pay for weather days but doesn't pay staff Hampton Cove, Alabama

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Former Staff Member

Due to snow, HCCA was recently closed for an entire week. Themale ownerrequired usto pay for a full-week's tuition (even though the school was closed), yet he failed to pay his teachers for the weather days. Why would a man receive a full week's revenue(with no services provided)and then choose not to pay his staff?

Breakfastportions are entirely too small.Breakfast is $2.75 and consists of a half of a cold, small biscuit and about 6oz of juice. This is not an adequate meal for 3 to 5 year old. We are a very healthy family and were outraged when we found out what our child was being fed. Why pay $2.75 for a half of a mini-muffin when we can go to a nearby McDonalds and get a full biscuit and Apple Dippers for $2? When my husband and I saw what our child was being fed, we stopped ordering the school breakfast.

Teachers, administrators, andreceptionistsdo not stay for more than a few weeks or months. This is not a stable environment forsmall children. I seriously doubt that every single staff member is incompetent.The male owner pretends to be a Christian to boost his business.We just don't trust him.Something (or someone) is seriously wrong and unChristian about that school. The PR image just isn't working anymore.We are taking our child elsewhere. There are plenty of other Christian daycares in the area.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2011 08:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hampton-Cove-Christian-Academy/Hampton-Cove-Alabama-35763/Hampton-Cove-Christian-Academy-Hampton-Cove-Academy-HCCA-Owner-rips-parents-off-overcha-685689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hampton Cove Christian Academy

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Former Staff Member

AUTHOR: Former Staff Member - (United States of America)

The male owner is indeed sketchy.  He mistreated staff, he outed staff (as in, he told confidential info) in staff meetings.  I am afraid to write too much for fear that I will be easily recognized, but the school is a rip-off and the Director he employed had absolutely nothing more than a High School Education.  When I worked there, as I am unsure now about who specifically is employed there anymore, her admin-support staff had either 4 year degrees or Master's in the field of education or non-profits.

He is money hungry and was looking for ways to make more money.  He let valuable staff go, he raised tuition and he even asked parents who could not pay the hikes to do work for him in exchange for their kids to be able to stay.

I am not a disgruntled employee,  I am only stating facts.  There are so many other things going on there that are fact that could be construed as gossip, so I won't go there.

However, for the sake of your child's education during this most vulnerable time in their lives, please consider your options before choosing to enroll them and your pocket book at Hampton Cove Christian Academy.