Complaint Review: Hampton Inn & Suites

1120 South Street Staten Island, New York United States of America
  • Phone: 718-477-1600
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Hampton Inn & Suites Humiliated us and refused to honor Hampton's 100% satisfaction guarantee Staten Island, New York

*Consumer Comment: Really?

While enjoying coffee in the lobby of the Hampton Inn & Suites in Staten Island during a recent stay, we were approached by a gentleman who was later identified as the GM and Franchisee of the location.  He began to interrogate us in front of several other guests in the lobby at that time.  He then walked away and returned to the front desk.  He did not approach any other individuals.  We had already been at the hotel for 4 or 5 days at this time.  We were just talking and enjoying coffee and reading the USA Today.  We contacted Hilton and filed a formal complaint with them.  The GM responded that to them that he was merely checking to see if we were enjoying our stay.  At no time did he even ask us how we were or whether or not we were enjoying our stay.  His questions were related to what our names were and what room we were in.  It was an extremely humiliating experience.

Subsequently, we completed the survey that Hilton sends out and it asked if we were aware of the 100% satisfaction guarantee that Hampton Inns have offered for years.  It was then that I attempted to work with the manager of the hotel to refund the money paid for our stay.  The manager told me that she would get the GM's permission to do so.  After that, I made several attempts to contact her again and left messages for her and she has refused to discuss the matter with me.

This was the worst Customer Service I've ever experienced at a hotel.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2010 05:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hampton-Inn-Suites/Staten-Island-New-York-10314/Hampton-Inn-Suites-Humiliated-us-and-refused-to-honor-Hamptons-100-satisfaction-gua-655103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hampton Inn & Suites

Really?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

If this is the worst customer service experience you've ever had, consider yourself very lucky.

Why would you be offended to be asked your name and room number?  I've had this happen often at hotels that serve free breakfast in the lobby.   It's meant to keep the average Joe off the street from dropping in for a free breakfast and newspaper every day.   Are you one of those people that are so "special" that the hotel management should recognize by sight that you are there legitimately?

Personally, it sounds to me like you're grasping at straws to try and get a freebie.   If I were the management, I'd tell you to go pound sand.