Complaint Review: Hampton Inn

• Submitted: Fri, September 30, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, September 30, 2011

• Reported By: Millicent — Moyock North Carolina United States of America
Hampton Inn
200 Thompson Rd La Crosse VA 23970 South Hill, Virginia United States of America
  • Phone: 434-447-4600
  • Web:
  • Category: Lodging

Hampton Inn RIPPED OFF< STOLE< FRAUDULENT CHARGES< CAUSED BAD CHECK FEES South Hill, Virginia

On 9/21/11 My administrator (Melissa) for a small daycare called to block 9 rooms at the Hampton Inn in South Hill VA (reservation # 84302461). We asked for an e-mail confirmation so we could forward the info to the team members of our softball team that needed the rooms. That was never received. Within the hour we found out that were would be playing in Kinston NC and we then called and CANCELLED the rooms. WE NEVER STAYED THERE AND I HAVE A CANCELLATION NUMBER (41669057) On the morning of the 26th I came into work and checked my business account only to find $1446.49 tied up with the Hampton Inn in South Hill VA. (this put my account into an overdraft situation) I immediately called and was told there was nothing they could do and I was charged a "no show fee". I begged the receptionist to get me to the manager/owner to resolve the problem I was told that it was not in her job description and the owner would not be available till 9/27/11. I then called the 1800HAMPTON number and they confirmed that the owner would have to help me, a "file" was opened about the issue. On Tuesday i was told when I called that no one could help me and the owner was unavailable. The receptionist said she would write a letter to my bank (Sondra) that they would RELEASE the hold on the debit card for $680.72 this was faxed to my bank and they have reimbursed me $157.50 in bad check fees due to this fraudulent charge to my account. The bank Vice PResident Michelle Pierce also tried to get resolve from Hampton Inn on my be half but because it was done as a debit and not a charge it was between me and the merchant. The bank "split the difference " with the bad check fees incurred by this fraud and yet I am still out the charge of $765.77 and $157.50 that they refuse to issue. $923.27 has come out of my checking account for a hotel stay that NEVER happened! I have called Mr. Donwalla several times but he refuses my calls.  Complaint BackgroundNot all of these questions are required.  Please provide as much information as you have.1.Product/Service Purchased:9 hotel rooms on hold  3.Contract, Account, or Policy #:84302461  5.Purchase Date:9/21/2011 6.Date Problem First Occurred:9/24/2011 Dates you complained to the company/organization7.First Date:9/26/2011 8.Second Date:9/27/2011 9.Third Date:9/29/2011 10.Payment Made:Yes11.Payment Method:Credit CardName of Sales Person12.Title:Ms.17.Purchase Price:$1,446.40  18.Disputed Amount:$765.77  Desired OutcomeEnter your DESIRED OUTCOME below. Please keep your description within the box provided, without scrolling. A summary of your complaint is preferred, as the BBB will contact you if they need additional details. Mandatory fields are followed by a RED "*".1.Desired Settlement:Refund2.Desired Outcome:That Hampton Inn refund $765.77 plus 157.50 for a total of $923.27 to my credit card immediately

If all of the above information is correct, click Submit to submit your complaint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2011 07:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hampton-Inn/South-Hill-Virginia-23970/Hampton-Inn-RIPPED-OFF-STOLE-FRAUDULENT-CHARGES-CAUSED-BAD-CHECK-FEES-South-Hill-Virg-783236. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hampton Inn