Complaint Review: Hamshere Gallery

• Reported By: Benjamin — New York
Hamshere Gallery
68 Station Rd, London SW13 0LP , Select State/Province USA

Hamshere Gallery Gillie Hamshere dubious exploitative london england

I was interested in selling a painting to them/through them of a notable artist that they had previously sold.  Gillie asked me to send the painting to a conservator in my city.  She then stole the painting and took it to england without any notice.  When I protested, she claimed I was being dramatic and told me to wait.  One year later, I hadn't received any funds from them.

I consulted a solicitor in London and only under legal threat did Gillie pay, but just one half of the value of my painting.  Total scam artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2014 05:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hamshere-Gallery/Select-StateProvince/Hamshere-Gallery-Gillie-Hamshere-dubious-exploitative-london-england-1127722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hamshere Gallery