Complaint Review: Hamshere Gallery

• Updated: Tue, April 15, 2014

• Reported By: lyn — santa barbara California
Hamshere Gallery
68 Station Road, London Internet United Kingdom

Hamshere Gallery - John Hamshere /Gillie Hamshere Internet Fraud - International Buyer Beware london London

*Author of original report: Finally paid

*Author of original report: Hamshere Gallery sold me a painting they didn't own!!

*Author of original report: Another 2 weeks and no painting - no refund

*Author of original report: Excuses and More Excuses

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: hamsheregallery are not frauds

Internet purchase of painting in February 2013 via wire transfer.  Cannot get painting or refund.

Seller will not disclose where painting is - if it ever existed.  They do not have the money to refund me.  International buyers beware!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2013 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hamshere-Gallery/internet/Hamshere-Gallery-John-Hamshere-Gillie-Hamshere-Internet-Fraud-International-Buyer-Be-1071308. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hamshere Gallery

Finally paid

AUTHOR: lyn - ()

Finally reimbursed after 9 months and hiring a detective.

Hamshere Gallery sold me a painting they didn't own!!

AUTHOR: lyn - ()

Gillian Hamshere sold me a painting they don't own and never owned.   I Purchased painting in February 2013 with promises of shipping it to me after it was cleaned.   It's now September and I hired detective agency to find my painting.  They found it and Hamshere Gallery never owned it.  They will be filing report with the police for fraud.

if you have been scammed by this person you need to contact a detective agency so they can follow up with the police and bring charges against  Hamshere Gallery to the fullest extent. Do not purchase anything from them.  You will never receive it and they will pocket your money.

Another 2 weeks and no painting - no refund

AUTHOR: lyn - ()

Its been another 2 weeks waiting on the Hamshere's to ship my painting.  They don't answer my emails or phone calls.

They have the painting and the $7,000.  The only response they give me is "another two weeks" and now its vacation time in London!!!!

Excuses and More Excuses

AUTHOR: lyn - ()

I have been asking for a shipment date since February 21, 2013 to which I never get an answer.  There are always excuses.

May 31st "I will refund the money as soon as I get home from my friend next week."

June 11th - "I will have to get the funds together".

July 5th - "I am refunding you for this painting, as soon as I collect the funds."  "Your funds will be in your account by the end of July".

July 31st - "We are trying to get the painting to you".

So which will it be - a refund or the painting???

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

hamsheregallery are not frauds

AUTHOR: hamshere gallery - ()

this lady  was told  and was well aware  when  she  bought the painting  it needed  conservation; she  continues  to email me and  scores of other people in the trade  with hysterical emails.  one copnservator  she wrote to me  emailed this mesaage to me

"I deleted the mad email from your client immediately as I could tell she is one of those highly strung individuals, sadly reminds me of my mother.

I hope she was not too stressful to deal with and take strength in all the lovely clients I am sure you have."

she has  posted on yelp  and removed after she realised she was  slandering us. and  she  was out of order, now she is trying a new outlet.  she continually accuses us of not  answering her emails  when we  answer every single of her emails; we have apologised  profusely  for the delay . we have thousands of happy clients.  we will be contacting  our lawyers.

she will be delivered of the painting as  promised  ; hopefully in the next two weeks; I wish to be rid of this unpleasantness.

Gillie Hamshere