Complaint Review: HandHeld Items

• Submitted: Tue, October 11, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, October 11, 2011

• Reported By: Charles Beagle — Chicago Illinois United States of America
HandHeld Items
1211 John Reed Court,City of industry CA 91745 Internet United States of America

HandHeld Items IGg Factory Inc Stay away, stay far away Internet, Internet

On Sept 30, 2011 , I ordered 4 small items  totalling $12.  I paid extra for express shipment which is 3-5 days per their website.
It is now October 11, I have have not seen the items.  I called the company on Oct, 7, 10 and 11 and was told all three days that their system was down and they couldn't track my order.  They gave a me a USPS tracking number but the USPS has no record of any shipment.

I posted an inquiry on their site re: my order and was sent an email back saying I should give it more time (4-9 days in their words) even though I paid for 3-5 day shipping and it was already 10 days since they said it was shipped.
Since I used my credit card, it was quite easy for me to dispute the charge and I got it permanently removed from my account so I have lost no $$.

Funny thing is I checked their rating before the order and the overall rating was a 4*.  I didn't read the reviews.  If I had I would have noticed that there are many many reviews in 2009, all positive with multiple very short reviews on the same day or several short reviews over a 2-3 day span.  It is pretty clear these overly positive reviews were staged by the company. Recent reviews parallel my experience.
My advice is do not deal with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2011 07:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HandHeld-Items/internet/HandHeld-Items-IGg-Factory-Inc-Stay-away-stay-far-away-Internet-Internet-787674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HandHeld Items