achievements

• Reported By: Scottie — Richmond Virginia United States of America
Handicapped Workers of America
Bellflower, California United States of America

Handicapped Workers of America Collections Threat Bellflower, California

I received a call from the collections agency for HWA referring to a product purchased 2 years ago but never received. Caller claimed they had phone verification that the product was ordered and the Post Office had verification of receipt to my address. The caller stated that she had been trying to call me for three months but that FCC prevents them from leaving a message lest it be intercepted by person other than intended person. She claimed I had until 5 p.m. on Monday the 14th to make payment or it would be turned over to collection agency.

The originial bill was for $79 but with the added fees it would now be $289. But out of the kindness of her heart her boss told her she could reduce it to $153. She continued to say that they were a small company and had no secured payment sight. I paid overline, thought better of it when I couldn't reach the service desk (this number is not available) and tried to call her back (no answer). I immediately called the fraud line for my bank, stopped payment and will await for the dreaded collections agency. I did not give her my social security number so the bank said that it would not affect my credit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2011 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Handicapped-Workers-of-America/Bellflower-California-/Handicapped-Workers-of-America-Collections-Threat-Bellflower-California-796882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Handicapped Workers of America