- Report: #4764
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Hands On Dallas/Fort Worth
Hands On Dallas/Fort WorthDallas - Ft. Worth, Texas U.S.A.
Hands On Dallas/Fort Worth Public Response to Unjust Termination by City Cares of America
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1605 Peachtree St., Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30309
phone: 404-875-7334 |
Dear Ms. Nunn,
I am in receipt of your certified termination letter. Hands On Dallas/Fort Worth has retained a lawyer and will file a discrimination lawsuit against City Cares of America. The NAACP has been notified as well. There are a few discreptancies in your letter:
1. Catheryne has not been here in over a year so I don't know what letter you are referring to.
2. We have not been at the Leo address since March of 2000 so your letter was not received. Your office was notified our address.
2. You have never support our organization in any of our volunteer efforts
3. Hands On Dallas/Fort Worth completed the survey yet you did not include us in the affilate profile. There were several affiliates that did not complete the survey at all with data of not available and they were included.
4. City Cares has not sent one email nor contacted me about lack of communication or inability to contact our organization during regular business hours.
5. City Cares were notified that we were working from our home and using a voice mail system.
6. You stated that you could not contact me yet I have receive all correspondence such as listeserve, conference calls, etc by email and snail mail so there is no excuse. Your office has not tried to contact us by phone. Our phone number, email and mailing address was listed correctly in the conference handbook, our business cards, website and your website. We have received all promotional material sent by other affilates. You knew how to find us when you were asking for outrageous prices for your website database.
7. You blocked Hands On Dallas/Fort Worth from sending emails to the affilate listserve last year. Your office was notified of this.
8. City Cares did not mention any of this at the conference that we attended on Feb. 22, 2001 or at the ED retreat on July 19, 2000.
9. Hands On Dallas/Fort Worth has yet to receive a start-up nor Executive Director handbook since joining the network.
10. Hands On Dallas/Fort Worth was never been assigned a mentoring affilate as required by City Cares of America.
11. Hands On Dallas/Fort Worth has never used any logo of City Cares of America.
12. Hands On Dallas/Fort Worth has not receive seed grants from City Cares of America. My colleagues and I have paid for everything out of our own pockets.
13. Hands On Dallas/Fort Worth was never told of a required quota that an emerging affilate must complete to sustain affilation in the Network. You state that there is a required quota. What is the quota?
14. When ask about the Scholastic Books your office stated that Hands On Dallas/Fort Worth COULD NOT HANDLE SUCH A DONATION.
15. When I attended the retreat you were told that I was the first that needed to go. Michelle Naparano and Bernadette deliberately made me miss my bus and than laughed about it.
16. The abuse I receive at the ED retreat and conference.
These issues will be address in the lawsuit. I would like to THANK all the other cares affilates that have contacted us with their support. PLEASE REMOVE OUR link from your homepage at www.citycares.org.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Hands On Dallas/Fort Worth
P.S. I will forward this on the staff, board and affilates of City Cares of America to inform them of the discrimination towards Hands On Dallas/Fort Worth.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hands-On-DallasFort-Worth/Dallas-Ft-Worth-Texas/Hands-On-DallasFort-Worth-Public-Response-to-Unjust-Termination-by-City-Cares-of-America-4764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.