Complaint Review: Handyman Club of America

Handyman Club of America
12301 Whitewater Drive Minnetonka, Minnesota United States of America

Handyman Club of America DECEPTIVE PRACTICES / SCAM Minnetonka, Minnesota

Dear Handyman Club of America,

I am writing to you in regards to your deceptive practices.  I have received notices for payment in the amount of $37.98 for a book entitled Landscape Structures and Decks (RE: Billing LMRN9862) that I never requested nor received.  You have now referred this matter to a collection agency so in an effort to preserve my good credit I am hereby sending you payment in the amount of $37.98 so you will close this matter immediately.  In addition, I am returning to you a book entitled Tools and Techniques that I also never requested from you, but I did previously send you payment for.

I joined your organization as a lifetime member in January of 2011.  I sent you payment in the amount of $355.00.  I received some low grade cheap Chinese tools, all of which I could have purchased from Harbor Freight Tools for much less than $100.00.  My standards for tools that I purchase and use are much, much higher than the crap that you sent me.

I am hereby notifying you that I wish to cancel my membership (#30671010) effective immediately.

I will consider that I have been scammed for $355.00 and an additional $75.96 for two books that I never requested from you and one of which I never did receive.  Considering the character of your organization I am relatively confident that I will never be reimbursed any part of the $430.96 that I have paid to your organization to date.

With hopes of receiving any restitution, I will be sending a copy of this letter to the Texas Attorney Generals Office, The Minnesota Attorney Generals Office and to the Better Business Bureau.  In addition, I will be posting this letter and negative comments about your organization (the truth) to any and all consumer feedback websites that I can find in an attempt raise awareness about your deceptive practices so others will not fall prey to your scams.

Sincerely,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2011 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Handyman-Club-of-America/Minnetonka-Minnesota-55343/Handyman-Club-of-America-DECEPTIVE-PRACTICES-SCAM-Minnetonka-Minnesota-794386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Handyman Club of America