Complaint Review: Handyman Club of America

• Updated: Mon, September 10, 2012

• Reported By: S.G. Rogers — Lake City Florida United States of America
Handyman Club of America
12301 Whitewater Drive Minnetonka, Minnesota United States of America

Handyman Club of America HANDY magazine Refuse to Acknowledge Cancellation...Continually Billing Me...Threatening Letters Sent to Me Minnetonka, Minnesota

I signed up for the Handyman Club of America some months ago along with a subscription to the Handy magazine.  After receiving the first magazine, I acted on the 100% satisfaction guarantee and sent back the bill with Cancel written on it and explained that the projects were above my head and beyond my level of expertise.    This CANCELLATION WAS IGNORED.

I received another bill, again wrote Cancel on it with explanation...and even told them that they could bill me for the magazine I had received and CANCEL any further mailings.  To date I have "cancelled" with each and every bill (4) that I have received and still been ignored, although, the magazine mailings have stopped...I have received two magazines to date.

Now I am receiving some computer generated threatening letter saying pay or be turned into collection agency.  Of course, the 12th paragraph of the letter once again states the 100% satisfaction guarantee which, by now, I know is bogus.

I am not going to be bullied into paying for something I do not want.  I will continue to CANCEL this magazine/club subscription and they continue to harass me, I will file lawsuit against them ufor harassment, defamation of character, fradaulent advbertisement...anything else we think of.... by way of my son who is my family attorney.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2012 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Handyman-Club-of-America/Minnetonka-Minnesota-55343/Handyman-Club-of-America-HANDY-magazine-Refuse-to-Acknowledge-CancellationContinually-B-939102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Handyman Club of America