Complaint Review: Handyman Club of America

• Updated: Fri, November 30, 2012

• Reported By: Charlie — Coconut Creek Florida United States of America
Handyman Club of America
12301 Whitewater Drive Minnetonka, Minnesota United States of America

Handyman Club of America Sent product I never ordered. Requested return lable, but never received them. Threatened to turn me over to collections. Minnetonka, Minnesota

*Author of original report: There is hope that my dispute is finally resolved.

March 2012 I requested return labels for DVD I received from Handyman Club of America after I called in January 2012 and asked to stop sending me the DVD's. I was told the labels take up to 8 weeks to arrive at my house.

A couple months later I received another DVD and still not return labels, so I called again.  I also realized that my book series did not come anymore, so I also ask about that.  Turns out my book series was canceled and instead of the DVD, so I asked for return labels for the DVD again and asked for the book series to be continued and the DVD series to be discontinued.

In August 2012 I receive another DVD and still no books and of course no sigh of the return labels.  I called 2 more times and even sent an email.

What really upsets me is that I kind of gave up on requesting the return labels and decided to just pay those stupid DVD's and don't let it bother me anymore.  I mean I requested those labels since March 2012 and within 9 months Handyman Club of America was not able to get those labels delivered to me.  So about a week or 2 after I paid the unwanted product I receive a letter from a collection agency regarding the now paid product, which I have been trying to return for 9 months.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 09:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Handyman-Club-of-America/Minnetonka-Minnesota-55343/Handyman-Club-of-America-Sent-product-I-never-ordered-Requested-return-lable-but-never-974748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Handyman Club of America

There is hope that my dispute is finally resolved.

AUTHOR: Charlie - (United States of America)

Handyman Club of Americ is a member of the North American Membership Group, Inc  So I googled them and found a phone number which I called today (11/30/2012).  The number I called is (952) 988-7403. A lady picked up after 1 or 2 rings and I explained my problem to her.  She immediately tried to redirect me to the Handyman Club of America 800-number, but I was persistent and she finally transferred me.

The second lady I spoke to was very nice, she listened patiently until I was finished with my complaint. and made me feel like a valued customer.  She said she would refund the money for the items I did not want, and she also said that she already sent an email to their collection agencies to remove my name immediately.

So I will see if I do receive my refund in the next week or so and if the collection agency is going to stop contacting me.  I told her that her customer service stinks and that I am very upset with the way I was treated there.  She gave me her direct number and told me that if I should ever have problems like that again, I should not hesitate to call her directly.