Complaint Review: Handyman Club of America

• Submitted: Thu, March 01, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, April 21, 2012

• Reported By: ElectraGuard — Texas United States of America
Handyman Club of America
12301 Whitewater Dr, POBox 3528, Hopkins, MN 55343 Internet United States of America

Handyman Club of America Another ripoff Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Good Magazine

I was looking for what seemed to be a decent handyman magazine at a reasonable price... little did I realize that the Handyman Club of America was more about sending me books that I did not order, and junk that they called tools all made in China. Some of which I will add, were not worth the cost of postage.   Ironically... they were sending me books that I did not order even before I received the first copy of their magazine. It has been three months and I  still  have not received a magazine. Today I emailed them and told them to give me a refund.   Legally if someone sends you something that you did not order you do not have to pay for the item and you do not have to send it back. I sent the book and cheap tools back, but it cost me over an hour of my time standing in line at the Post office, and I don't want to spend anymore of my valuable time doing this.

When I initally complained about the unsolited books the say they will stop sending them, and then tell me sorry you haven't received a magazine yet but we are out so will extend your membership.. Don't play their game. I should have done some research first. Aside from their user forum, the internet is full of complants about this company....I only spent $12.00 so if I don't see a magazine I really haveen't lost much...but from what I have read these people can make life hard for you.. don't do business with them you may be sorry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2012 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Handyman-Club-of-America/internet/Handyman-Club-of-America-Another-ripoff-Internet-Internet-847293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Handyman Club of America

Good Magazine

AUTHOR: Farmer - (United States of America)

I am sorry you had a bad experience.  I subscribed to their magazine several years ago, and was so impressed that I became a Lifetime member.  I have not bought any books, or tools from them.  But I do enjoy the magazine.