Complaint Review: Handyman Club of America

• Submitted: Thu, December 22, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, December 22, 2011

• Reported By: R W — Clarksville Tennessee United States of America
Handyman Club of America
12301 Whitewater Dr, POBox 3528, Hopkins, MN 55343 Internet United States of America

Handyman Club of America Continuous Stream of Unwanted Magazines, Books, Videos that just won't stop. Internet

I thought this company would provide reference material for a home wood shop only as I requested it.  I discovered the magazine was mostly advertisements and the few articles I saw were about the same as I had already read in other magazines.  I recieved a couple of items to 'evaluate' and found them cheap, made in China, and not worth the postage.  I filled in the reply card voicing my opinion and never recieved any more products to 'test'.  I decided to recieve some books as I thought the first one was pretty good. They were supposed to be sent to me one per month and if I did not want one I could send it back.  Soon, other books began to arrive nearly every week and I discovered each book seemed to be smaller and had less information. I compared the information to other books of the same type and realized I was paying about 10 times the price I should for such information.  I began to send the books back but the postage for each was really beginning to add up.  I asked the Post Office what could I do.  They said to not open the packages and write "Refused" on them and return them to the Post Office.  Now I am getting packaged books nearly every other day so I am trying to catch the Post Office delivery man at my door and write "Refused" on the package and have him take it back.  I ususally miss the mail man so I have to drive the package to the Post Office and that takes gas.

I have written this outfit and sent them emails and went online and filled in the contact places and told them to STOP sending anything to me.  I don't want their magazine, their books, or anything from them. I just want them to STOP, STOP, STOP and leave me alone!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2011 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Handyman-Club-of-America/internet/Handyman-Club-of-America-Continuous-Stream-of-Unwanted-Magazines-Books-Videos-that-just-813010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Handyman Club of America