Complaint Review: Hanover Insurance

• Updated: Tue, March 19, 2013

• Reported By: James — Daggett Michigan
Hanover Insurance
440 Lincoln Street Worcester, Massachusetts United States of America

Hanover Insurance Citizens Insurance In November of 2011 Hanover Insurance made a deduction from my closed policy of $674 without my knowledge or consent. Worcester, Massachusetts

In September of 2011 I cancelled my renter's policy (8992501). When I closed the policy I was in good standing. In November of 2011 Hanover Insurance made a deduction from that policy of $674 without my knowledge or consent.

At the end of 2012 and beginning of 2013 the collection agency Brown & Joseph contacted me to collect this debt.

On March 13th, 2013 Hanover Insurance acknowledged over the phone that this deduction was a result of an internal accounting error, however they refuse to stop trying to collect on it.

At this time no one has been able to provide me proof that I owe this money. All they can provide is a billing inquiry that shows this debit in November of 2011 while simultaneously showing that I CANCELLED the policy in September of 2011. There is no documentation showing that I authorized this debit or that I was aware of it.

This fraudulent claim against me has costed me hours of time and will potentially impact my credit. This reflects poorly on Hanover Insurance and they should do everything within their power to rectify this error as soon as possible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hanover-Insurance/Worcester-Massachusetts-01653/Hanover-Insurance-Citizens-Insurance-In-November-of-2011-Hanover-Insurance-made-a-deductio-1036030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hanover Insurance