Complaint Review: Hansen Siding & Windows

• Updated: Sat, May 26, 2012

• Reported By: Michelle — Waterville Minnesota United States of America
Hansen Siding & Windows
724 Madison Ave, Ste. 240 Mankato, Minnesota United States of America

Hansen Siding & Windows Justin Curtis Hansen, Trent Doran, Taylor Murphy BEWARE! Do not hire this company to work on your home! Mankato, Minnesota

I have learned a very valuable lesson: Research a company thoroughly before signing a contract. We hired Hansen Siding and Windows to side our home, and dealt with Trent Doran - the sales person, whom I considered to be honest and forthright. We eventually signed a contract with them, because their estimate was reasonable and Trent Doran seemed to have integrity.

Little did I know, the owner of the company - Justin Curtis Hansen, does not!!

We had a major hail storm after signing the contract, but before they started the work. Our insurance company is replacing our roof, and once he found out that we had hired another company to replace our roof, he called me and tried to convince me that the roofers were going to rip me off and that I should cancel the contract and let Hansen do the roof too. When I told him no, he got angry and stopped trying work with us in any way.

Now he is making us pay for items that are being replaced by our insurance, that the roofers are doing. In other words, we have to pay him for work that he will not do, because it is in the contract.

He will not honor any verbal changes now either, because it isn't in the contract. There is a total of $1848.00 that he will not do, but we have to pay him for.

I did manage to stop payment on a $10,000.00 check that we gave him, but we signed the contract and I am not sure what recourse we have concerning letting him do the work. I am now extremely worried about the quality of the job and any follow up warranty issues based on his actions so far plus the background check I have belatedly done. I'll just say that he has many legal and financial problems.

This company and its employees, Justin Hansen, Taylor Murphy, Trent Doran, Sally Gatzke are all extremely dishonest, and lack any integrity or morals.

INTEGRITY:  If it is not right, do not do it. If it is not true, do not say it. - Marcus Aurelius

Can anyone help me?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2012 08:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hansen-Siding-Windows/Mankato-Minnesota-56001/Hansen-Siding-Windows-Justin-Curtis-Hansen-Trent-Doran-Taylor-Murphy-BEWARE-Do-not-hi-888587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hansen Siding & Windows