Complaint Review: Happiness is Pets

• Updated: Mon, March 05, 2012

• Reported By: janice — franklin park Illinois United States of America
Happiness is Pets
Naperville, Illinois United States of America

Happiness is Pets My puppy that was purchased in December 2011 has died of distemper, he was only 4 months old Naperville, Illinois

My kids bought a puppy for my husband and I for us for Christmas on December 2nd 2011, from Happiness is Pets in Naperville. Max a Cocker Spaniel of 8 weeks old had been sick ever since he was given to me. I had brought him into the recommended vet after 3 days and this vet never even detected he also not only had Kennel Cough but ear mites.  After doctoring each and every week, I was told he needed to be tested for distemper.

My puppy never got better and started about 2 weeks before he died with uncontrollable tremors.  I had brought him to my vet and they said that it was best to put him down.  He couldn't walk, he couldn't stand, he couldn't play, or eat or anything that a normal puppy could do.  This was the most devasting thing to see and to deal with let alone accept that the puppy we grew to love and care for is now no longer with us.  He never even had a chance to live.

Who is going to replace the emotional stain my family has endure?  No one!!!!!  Sure Happiness is Pets has reemburesed me for my vet bills but they could never I mean never replace what my husband and I are going through.  Many people would say but its just a dog no it's not it was a puppy an inocent puppy who was part of our family.  Please reach out to the public so they know not to buy any puppy from a pet store because you see as I did not know nor did my kids these puppies come from a puppy mill.  They were told he came from a breeder a good breeder but obviously not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Happiness-is-Pets/Naperville-Illinois-/Happiness-is-Pets-My-puppy-that-was-purchased-in-December-2011-has-died-of-distemper-he-849026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Happiness is Pets