Complaint Review: Hargrave And Associates (Financial Solutions)

• Submitted: Fri, November 07, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 21, 2008

• Reported By:Spartanburg South Carolina
Hargrave And Associates (Financial Solutions)
3450 Dunn Avenue Ste 101 Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Hargrave And Associates (Financial Solutions), Hargrave And Associates Scam, claimed to repair my credit but the contact numbers are disconnected and the websites no longer exist Jacksonville Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: dont give up or give in we apologize

Hello, I am one of the many who also got ripped off by Hargrave and Associates. I received the news by word of mouth. A friend told me of a friend who's credit they did in fact fix. I was really excited to hear about this because college mistakes have my credit in a jam. I can't get approved for anything and it's really frustrating b/c to be only 23 yrs old, I make pretty good money. The amount of money you make does not matter however in most legit cases...it's your beacon (credit) score. I should have known it was a scam but when I heard that it actually worked for someone, I second-guessed the situation. I called them up, my account rep's name was Chris at extention 310.

He advised me of the many things they could do for my credit-how they had skilled lawyers who specialized in the field of disputing and correcting information with the credit beauros.

I gave them a postdated check in the amount of $280 (including the price of a bogus CD that was supposed to let me view my credit at anytime FOREVER with all 3 credit agencies)! They sent me this packet of information with some that I had to sign and send back.
This was at the end of August 2008. Today November 11th I decided to give them a call because I have not received any credit reports thus far to send to them. To my disbelief, all of their numbers were disconnected and the websites had error messages.

I wanted to burst into tears b/c I sacrificed paying a bill, not to mention in the midst of high gas prices and cost of food, thinking that I was doing the best for myself and the future of my son. Then I googled their name, which I should have done first only to find that the owner is a con artist and the entire thing was a scam.

I read in an article that they were busted at the beginng of October in an investigation for Scamming. It's sad when we live in a society they prey on the weak. I have learned my lesson and will no longer rely on companies to "fix" my credit. I have to do it on my own...

Sincerely,
Another victim scammed!

True value
Spartanburg, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2008 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hargrave-And-Associates-Financial-Solutions/Jacksonville-Florida-32218/Hargrave-And-Associates-Financial-Solutions-Hargrave-And-Associates-Scam-claimed-to-re-388861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hargrave And Associates (Financial Solutions)

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

Hargrave & Associates has been shut down by the FTC for violations of the Credit Repair Organizations Act. We serviced many satisfied customers for years and are very apolegetic for what has happened the companies assets were frozen and we are going through the process. I can personally work on as many peoples credit as I possibly can obviously for no cost, unfortunately we do not have the money to give refunds if you are a client seeking help with your credit still please [email protected] and once again we sincerely apologize.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company