Complaint Review: Hargrave & Associates

• Submitted: Fri, December 12, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, December 12, 2008

• Reported By:houston Texas
Hargrave & Associates
3450 Dunn Avenue, Suite 101 Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Hargrave & Associates A flock of thieves and liars! Jacksonville Florida *NOTICE! ..FTC shuts down Hargrave & Associates, bank accounts frozen!

*Consumer Comment: Additional Information.

Google Hargrave and Associates FTC

read those stories.. !!!!!

Contact the FTC.. they froze Hargrave Bank accounts with more than $170,000, says Kevin Hargrave.

Please let us know if the FTC gives you back the money you lost.
This will take many months.. but the FTC should refund you all your money.. if not, contact us here at Rip-off report.

Rip-off Report
PO Box 310, Tempe, Arizona 85280
======================================
Now to the Report that was filed..

They took my money and all of my personal information and ran down my credit score by ordering various reports. I contacted the better business bereau a month ago and have heard nothing. When I call the office the recording picks up and hangs up whenever a button is push in accordance to what the recording says. The last time I heard about the company was from an ad sent to my email about a credit card offer that reports to the 3 major credit bereaus. So I called this ad and told me I was already in the system when they looked up my name. When I asked how, the guy said that Hargrave has went out of business and I was still in the company's records in which they had obtained when they bought out the credit card sales department of the company. I don't know how that works, but I would like to know whats going to happen with my money and my name.

Minniemama2003
houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2008 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hargrave-Associates/Jacksonville-Florida-32218/Hargrave-Associates-A-flock-of-thieves-and-liars-Jacksonville-Florida-NOTICE-FTC-s-400757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hargrave & Associates

Additional Information.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Complaints should be addressed to the FTC prosecuting attorney.

They were shut down by the FTC for alleged violations of several laws: THE CREDIT REPAIR ORGANIZATIONS ACT, THE TELEMARKETING SALES RULE, and SECTION 5 OF THE FTC ACT. Civil Action No. 3:08-CV-1001-J-34JRK. FTC File No. 082 3007.

On October 23, 2008 the District Court ordered all assets and records of LATRESE & KEVIN ENTERPRISES INC.(DBA Hargrave & Associates Financial Solutions) into temporary receivership with Lewis B. Freeman appointed as temporary receiver for the court. There was a preliminary hearing scheduled for November 3, 2008, but the FTC has not yet posted the results of that hearing on the FTC website.

Any client of this outfit should read the complaint and the temporary restraining order at the FTC.gov website:

FTC Complaint (Oct 20, 2008): http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/0823007/081023hargravecmpt.pdf

Temporary restraining order (Oct 23, 2008): http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/0823007/081023hargravetro.pdf

News Release (Oct 23, 2008): http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2008/10/opcleansweep.shtm

Clean Sweep list: http://www.ftc.gov/os/2008/10/081023sweeplist.pdf

I would also suggest that anyone with a claim or complaint against this outfit contact the prosecuting attorney Jessica D. Gray BEFORE establishing further contact with ANYONE associated with this outfit.

JESSICA D. GRAY
FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION
Southeast Regional Office
225 Peachtree Street, N.E., Suite 1500
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Office: 404-656-1350 (Gray)
Facsimile: 404-656-1379
Email: jgray@ftc.gov

Hope this helps and good luck.