Complaint Review: Harker's Auction Company

• Submitted: Mon, February 04, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 04, 2013

• Reported By: Embarrassedforabuck — Kintnersville Pennsylvania United States of America
Harker's Auction Company
391 Medford Lakes Road Tabernacle, New Jersey United States of America

Harker's Auction Company Auction house ripoff Tabernacle, New Jersey

We went to the auction to get rid of some things in our basement.  We had a mix of antiques, kid's stuff, household and sports equipment.  When we got there it was obvious that we were not regulars because when we registered they asked if we had ever been there.  Then they wanted to see our stuff.  Now I checked the website and saw that it was livestock and general merchandise so I had nothing to fear and showed our stuff.  We had also gone there with friends on a couple of occasions and thought that our stuff was in line with what we saw sold in the past and even bought.  They told us they didn't want our stuff to come another time.  I said that we had driven 1 1/2 hours to get there so he said we could put a few things out.  I chose things that I thought would sell and something that I really wanted to get rid of, a Barbie Jeep.  During the auction, they skipped around our stuff to make us next to last.  Before auctioning our stuff, they pointed us out in the crowd and said to not bring this kind of stuff and stay home.  I was truly embarrassed. Our stuff sold pretty well except the Jeep, and I made note of what it went for.  At the end of the night, my husband cashed out while I warmed the truck, I really didn't want to be seen anymore.  My husband came back with $30 for all of our merchandise!  I looked over the receipt and noticed that half the stuff was not listed and the jeep didn't even have a price.  They ripped us off about $43.00.  Not a lot of money, but we spent at least that in gas getting there and it would have been nice to at least break even after the long drive and not being able to put all our stuff out.  I called them at once and they didn't even answer the phone.  They probably laughed at how they treated us and know that we will never return.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2013 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harkers-Auction-Company/Tabernacle-New-Jersey-08088/Harkers-Auction-Company-Auction-house-ripoff-Tabernacle-New-Jersey-1008499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harker's Auction Company