Complaint Review: Harlem Furniture

• Submitted: Thu, July 12, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 12, 2007

• Reported By:Arlington Heights Illinois
Harlem Furniture
Route 12, Rand Road Arlington Heights, Illinois U.S.A.

Harlem Furniture furniture purchase-warrenty not honored ripoff Arlington Heights Illinois

I had nothing but good experiences from Harlem until last year. I was a single mom for a lot of years and decided to use my tax return to purchase at least one peice of new furniture every year.

It went well for quite a while. However in 2006 it began to go down hill. I, with 3 kids, married a man with 3 kids. We needed a large dinner table. We put our tax returns together and purchased a larger table set totaling over $1700. For a family like ours this amount of money is quite a lot.

We purchased the warrenty to make sure that if anything happened we would be covered. They had to replace 1 of the chairs in the first week. The table top has a protective coating that doesnt protect against anything it infact peels and causes the wood to sliver. I was told that the warrenty I purchased doesnt cover it even though I showed them the paper that sias it does.

Then after a couple of months I called because the screws keep falling out of the bottom of my chairs. The screws loosen so badley that the legs teeter on a regular basis. I was told that it might be easier if I tighten them myself. Because it would take so long to get someone out to my house on the requested saturday. So I began to tighten them. Well one of the legs broke when the wood split due to my husband sitting on it. When I called to ask for the chair to be repaired or reaplaced I was told that its not covered because I was tightening the screws myself. I was told I cant prove they said it.

Arlington Heights, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2007 08:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harlem-Furniture/Arlington-Heights-Illinois-60004/Harlem-Furniture-furniture-purchase-warrenty-not-honored-ripoff-Arlington-Heights-Illinois-260545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harlem Furniture