Complaint Review: Harlem Furniture

• Submitted: Tue, August 04, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, August 04, 2009

• Reported By:Burbank Illinois
Harlem Furniture
8027 S. Cicero Ave Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Harlem Furniture Signed me up for credit insurance when I indicated on application I do not want it. I also verbally declined twice. Chicago Illinois

I purchased furniture of about $1,300 on July 18, 2009 from Harlem Furniture. I was asked if I want credit insurance. I verbally declined twice to the sales associate. Three weeks later, I received a welcome summary packet of credit insurance from American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida on the furniture I bought. I was very upset and called American Bankers Insurance Company to cancel. However, after being on hold for 35 minutes a lady picked up and tells me "oh I never heard about Harlem Furniture. Let me connect you to a different department". I told her I had already been on hold for 35 minutes....can someone help me...

I called the sales associate at Harlem Furniture and asked him why did he signed me up anyway when I stated several times I do not want the insurance. He then told me "I did not sign you up." He had no idea who did and told me that "it is probably a mistake" and that I should call the 800 # to cancel. So, I did that and waited again for 30 minutes listening to music and got upset and hung up the phone. What a terrible experience.

I am typing this complaint as I am on hold once again for over 30 minutes waiting for someone to pick up at American Bankers Insurance Company. While holding and listening to music, I also e-mailed this insurance company to cancel my policy ASAP. I do not care if it is free, I DO NOT want it.

Burbank, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2009 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harlem-Furniture/Chicago-Illinois-60652/Harlem-Furniture-Signed-me-up-for-credit-insurance-when-I-indicated-on-application-I-do-no-476298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harlem Furniture