Complaint Review: Harlem Furniture

• Submitted: Mon, July 31, 2000
  • Updated: Mon, July 31, 2000

• Reported By:Chicago IL
Harlem Furniture
Harlem and Grand Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

To Whom It May Concern:

I purchased a bedroom set from your company less than one year ago. I have never been so disappointed with the craftsmanship that has gone into this furniture I have spent my hard earned money on. I work hard for my money, and I wouldn't encourage anyone to ever purchase furniture from your store. When I pay over $1300 for a bedroom set, I would expect it to last me for the next 15 years or more. This poorly made set hasn't lasted us but a year. The dresser drawers are not aligned, the panels on the sides of end tables are falling apart, screws are popping out from all over, the fake pressed wood has collapsed more than once and in more than one spot. Harlem Furniture claims that my bedroom set consists of solid pine. Only two months after my purchase, the bedframe collapsed on my husband and I. Come to find that the bedframe DOES NOT consist of solid pine, but is instead made up of pressed wood, less than an inch and a half thick. This is false advertisement. We repaired the bedframe ourselves due to the extremely poor customer service that was received on my end. I was not told or encouraged to purchase a warranty on my bedroom set to begin with. I'd appreciate it if management would get back to me as soon as possible.

My personal opinion, you shouldn't even be in business. That was my first purchase and my ONLY purchase. Unless someone responds to this message, every chance I get I will make sure to spread the word on how awful your furniture is.

Sincerely Regretful,

Jennifer M. Benedict

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harlem-Furniture/Chicago-Illinois/BEWARE-OF-HARLEM-FURNITURE-2797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harlem Furniture