Complaint Review: Harlequin.com

• Submitted: Sat, January 25, 2014
  • Updated: Sat, January 25, 2014

• Reported By: Margaret Susan George — Windsor Vermont
Buffalo, New York USA

Harlequin.com, Harlequin Books, EHarlequin.com What a scam. Ordered books. Never got them. Buffalo New York

I ordered books from their website. The website allows for people to place orders up to $50.00 without paying up front. However, I decided to pay up front with my credit card.   My card was charged that day for the total amount of my order. $43.00.  I order the books expedited, so I should have recieved them within 3 - 5 business days.  After 4 days with no books, I emailed customer service about my order.  I was told it was still being processed and that it would be sent soon.  10 days went by with no books.  I emailed them again. No response.   I found a phone number online and called it.  I was on hold for an hour and fifteen minutes.  Then, I was disconnected by their system.  I emailed them, again.  No response.   I called a second time.  After an hour onhold, I was transfered to a rep who said I'd have to talk to their credit department.  She transferred me to someone's voicemail.  I left a message but did not get a call back.   Then, I got an email from customer service saying my order was anceled and the payment applied to a previous past due balance.   I have never ordered from the company before in my life.  I emailed back and called, but so far, I have not got the issue resolved.

I was ripped off for $43.00 by these people.   I have since canceled my bank card and had a different one issued just in case they tried to make more charges to my card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2014 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harlequincom/Buffalo-New-York-14240/Harlequincom-Harlequin-Books-EHarlequincom-What-a-scam-Ordered-books-Never-got-them-1118421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harlequin.com