Complaint Review: Harley Davidson of The Woodlands

• Submitted: Sat, June 02, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, June 10, 2012

• Reported By: JimmyK — Spring Texas United States of America
Harley Davidson of The Woodlands
25545 I 45 North, The Woodlands Texas The Woodlands, Texas United States of America

Harley Davidson of The Woodlands H-D of The Woodlands Refusal to honor Agreement by nature of making right a known Lemon sold by H-D of The Woodlands The Woodlands, Texas

*Author of original report: Update

On 03/03/2011 I purchased a new Road Glide. It is presently under a 2 year Mfg Warranty. This Bike has been in the shop multiple times including one time for a solid 30 days for the exact same reason each time.

There is an Electrical problem with the Bike new from the OEM. I have been pulled over for no tail lights or brake lights twice now. Twice the left has speaker has been fried. I have replaced 13 light bulbs where 4 fit. Do you know how dangerous it is to ride a Motorcycle with no tail or brake lights?

The guys in the shop, including the man who sold me the bike admit there is a problem with the bike and that they cannot isolate the problem.

Went in today to see what they could do in that the same speaker is again out and basically I would have to lose all of the equity in the bike I had traded in ($9,000) and take a loss on this admitted by them Lemon of a New Bike, and I could then buy a new bike IF I put 10% or $2,500 down and accepted payments some $60 greater than my current payments on the Lemon. By the way the 10% down payment is greater than 10% of the selling price of the new Bike deal.

This is flat out wrong and I would be happy to discuss further with an Attorney who specializes in such.

I have made every payment on this and four other Harley Financed Bikes without so much as one day late...EVER. I am a good and loyal customer and as such have done my part in this business Agreement I entered into and continue to act in good faith of that which I agreed to.

It is wrong for Harley Davidson of The Woodlands to tell me I should take it up with The Motor Company. H-D of The Woodlands is listed as The Owner from whom I bought this Bike, as set forth on the Title Application Receipt, an Official Texas Department of Transportation Document, dated 03/03/11. They are therefore the owner of record from whom I bought the Lemon and therefore the responsible party under Laws in The Great State of Texas.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2012 04:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harley-Davidson-of-The-Woodlands/The-Woodlands-Texas-77380/Harley-Davidson-of-The-Woodlands-H-D-of-The-Woodlands-Refusal-to-honor-Agreement-by-nature-892210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harley Davidson of The Woodlands

Update

AUTHOR: JimmyK - (United States of America)

Harley Davidson of The Woodlands absolutely made things right. They replaced the Bike. Still some good folks left apparently.

Thanks JimmyK