Complaint Review: Harrah's Casino

• Submitted: Fri, June 10, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, June 11, 2011

• Reported By: Phillygina — Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States of America
Harrah's Casino

Harrah's Casino Beware of Harrah's Scam (Diamond members were taken advantage of and scammed of their money) Internet

*General Comment: Suggestion

*Consumer Suggestion: Wow...just wow!

DO NOT GAMBLE IN ANY HARRAH'S (CEASAR'S) CASINOS:
Also BE AWARE OF DIAMOND SCAM. You will not receive comps and benefits they mention on their website.  Last year I spent a lot of time putting points and qualifying for a diamond status (11,000 points circulating $55,000 through slots). Diamond status promised me and one guest a free admission to their buffet style diamond lounge. My diamond benefits started Apr.1st 2011, June 9th I got a letter (slap in my face) " YOUR ENHANCED DIAMOND LOUNGE AWAITS YOU" stating that I no longer can attend lounge for free, it is only for people who put 25,000 points last year. To get an entry into a club I have to pay 1000 reward credit (1 point for every $5 I gamble, total risking  $5000 for buffet style food). I used my reward money for other things and have none left. It means I can no longer go to diamond club. HARRAH'S CUT ME OFF DIAMOND LOUNGE WITH 3 DAY NOTICE. I wish they had told me in Jan 2010 about their intentions, so I could make a finacially responsible decision whether to put 25,000 points or put none and play in other casino.
Being a diamond 11,000 points  in Harrah's gives me no benefits except special check in line in hotel:
1)no comp rooms for a weekend
2)no comp rooms for summer months
3)com buffet only Mon-Thu (can not use it anyway)
4) slot play of $20-40 a month
5)no special birthday gift as promised
6)no comp concert tickets
Harrah's took advantage of me and scammed me of thousands dollars giving nothing or very little back
STAY AWAY FROM HARRAHS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2011 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harrahs-Casino/internet/Harrahs-Casino-Beware-of-Harrahs-Scam-Diamond-members-were-taken-advantage-of-and-scam-739251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harrah's Casino

#1 General Comment

Suggestion

AUTHOR: Dave - (USA)

Please do yourself a favor and look into help for gambling addiction.  Seriously, you are spending thousands of dollars to get some free food and room discounts.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Wow...just wow!

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

It would be even smarter to stay away from ALL the casinos, and have a buffet (on you) at a local Golden Corral, Furr's or similar buffet.

The casinos are holding out the carrot and you're snapping at it. :(