• Report: #919656

• Updated: Mon, July 30, 2012

• Reported By: sherrieK — Houston Texas USA
Harris County Toll Road Authority
7701 Wilshire Place Drive Houston, Tennessee United States of America

Harris County Toll Road Authority hctra Deceptive administrative practices Houston, Tennessee

I have a toll tag but recently needed to update my credit card information. When I went to the website (www.hctra.org), there was no way to do this. I sent an email on the topic...complaining...never heard back. Then, I received a letter in the mail stating 'first and final notice'..that I now owed $37.50 for 3 tolls ($4.50)...not because the money was not in my account...It was...but because my account had fallen below a certain level...Are you kidding me?

The money for the tolls is there...but they won't take it out...and they won't tell me how to update my credit card information. So, I tried calling the phone number on the 'first and final notice' they provided... 281-875-3279....over and over again....Each and every time, all I hear in a busy signal...and we can be arrested for not paying our tolls supposedly...Can anyone say 'What a racket?'....If anyone knows how to fight the outrageous 'admin fees' that get forced on you even though your account has funds...and even though these guys intentionally don't answer their phone nor provide the means to put money in your account to ensure no admin fees get assigned... please let the rest of us know....thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2012 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harris-County-Toll-Road-Authority/Houston-Tennessee-77040/Harris-County-Toll-Road-Authority-hctra-Deceptive-administrative-practices-Houston-Tennes-919656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harris County Toll Road Authority