Door

Complaint Review: Harris Digital Publishing - HD Publishing Group - Net Detective

• Submitted: Tue, October 14, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 01, 2008

• Reported By:White Marsh Maryland
Harris Digital Publishing - HD Publishing Group - Net Detective
1392 S. Woodland Blvd. Deland, Florida U.S.A.

HD Publishing Group - Net Detective - Harris Digital Publishing Group an online background check service offered by HD Publishing RIPPED ME OFF Deland Florida

*Consumer Comment: Net Dective by Harris Digital Plublishing

Net Detective ripped me off. I was being harassed by a male neighbor who made threats and decided I should find out if he had a criminal record. I went online and signed up for a 10 day trail of a service called Net Detective which is offered by a company called HD Publishing, Inc.

Instead of charging me for a 1 time use($29) they continued to charge my visa card for months without my knowledge. I did not discover this (the harassment had me unnerved) until they had accrued over $300 in charges against my visa account. When I contacted them to straighten this out, they were dismissive and refused to reimburse me the money.

I cancelled the visa card, but since the charges were accrued over several months, visa would not rectify the problem. They were charging me $29 per month without my consent. I only used the service for about a half an hour on 5/26/07. DO NOT give this company your credit card number ! Their sight offers a trail use for $29, but they don't tell you they are going to charge you again and again every month till you figure it out! Check your statement every month!

Mary
White Marsh, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2008 08:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harris-Digital-Publishing-HD-Publishing-Group-Net-Detective/Deland-Florida-32720/HD-Publishing-Group-Net-Detective-Harris-Digital-Publishing-Group-an-online-backgroun-381277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harris Digital Publishing - HD Publishing Group - Net Detective

Net Dective by Harris Digital Plublishing

AUTHOR: Fraud Snitch - (U.S.A.)

I have had Net Detective for 6 years and the information in it's data banks can't even find me and I have been at the same address for over 8 years.

The upgrade link to The Law Enforcement version on the Net Detective web page will not work and I have tried to contact them about it. When I originally signed up it was a one time fee of $29.00 with free up-grades. Well, they say they can't find my original order and have no record of me.. so therfore no free upgrades. But I continue to login and use Net Detetive. Allthough most information I receive is old and out dated.

When you type in "Net Dective" in the Yahoo search box, about 5 warning sites about Net Detective show up at the top of the Yahoo search page.

Question: Are those sites maintained by Harris Digital Plublishing? They seem to be a promotion for Net Detective. Although they have different web addresses, I believe they are writen by Harris Digital Plublishing as self-promotion.

Also, since they say they are the most up-to-date and accurate source of information on the net, which they are not, I believe they may be promoting a fraud upon the general public by the use of thoes web sites, if they are controled by Harris Digital Plublishing.

Sincerely,