Complaint Review: Harris Ink

• Submitted: Tue, August 09, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, November 01, 2012

• Reported By: AJ — Jacksonville Florida U.S.A.
Harris Ink
14054 Beach Blvd Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

Harris Ink Bad tattoo, terrible artist, i got screwed Jacksonville, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This expereince does not represent a normal one at Harris Ink Tattoo

I had the "pleasure" of checking out Harris Ink a few weeks ago.  I should have walked out as soon as the artist that was tattooing me couldn't carry a conversation, but I dont research before I do things.  In this case, I am not trying to get this business in trouble, just simply warn others before they get something permanent on their body.  If you do get a tattoo here, make sure it is only from the OWNER.  The owner is an older man, and judging by some ink i saw him laying down while i was there, he knew what he was doing.  However, there was another artist that I dealt with by the name of Cheyne (yeah, thats how you spell it).  I am 100% positive that he was on some form of drug, and the fact that he asked me for my tattoo money before he did the work so he could run out to meet a friend in the parking lot solidified my suspicion.  Even the owner sent his son out to spy on him in the parking lot.  Well, Cheyne made me wait around for about 20 minutes while he struggled to adjust my simple design.  He then said we would wait for his buddy to get there so he wouldnt have to stop in the middle of my tattoo.  Thats pretty interesting to me, considering he actually took his gloves off in the middle of my tattoo to "use the bathroom", or at least do whatever it was that he was supplied with 20 minutes prior.  I dont care if my artist has the most severe drug problem in the world, as long as he does good work.  Unfortunately this was far from the case.  I made a deal to get 2 pieces done, one that day, and one 2 days later.  I got the first piece done, thought it looked pretty good, so returned in 2 days for the next.  This is where my aggrevation began to boil.  I arrived at 150 for my 2 pm appointment.  Cheyne asked me to go to the store to print out the artwork for the piece that he had told me he would have ready before i got there.  I did so with some displeasure, and returned 20 minutes later.  Then Cheyne asked if I could hang tight for about 30-45 minutes so he could take care of a walk in real quick.  This is where i said enough with this guy.  I questioned the purpose of my appointment, at which point he had told me my appointment was for 1 pm, but refused to pull out his planner in front of his boss in which i clearly remembered him writing the specific time in.  I left, and went to Inksmith & Rogers.  At which point the artist explained that the 2nd piece that Cheyne would do for me would look terrible and would lose a lot of its meaning.  I decided on something else that I had been wanting and got an unbelievable piece.  2 weeks later my tattoo from Inksmith looks great and my tattoo from Harris needs to be completely touched up.  Some letters are jet black, some look more grey, it is crooked on my back, and the design that Cheyne struggled to design looks like crap.  Please dont make the same mistake as me and make sure you research a place before you get something permanently on your body.  I am not out to give this shop a bad reputation or get them in trouble, just to warn the public so they dont share in my frustration.  If i wanted to get them in trouble I would call the proper authorities and have them pull my photocopied license THAT ISNT ON FILE.  haha... just a complete clown fest over there... oh yeah, i have over 15 tattoos and know what good work looks like... best of luck to everyone out there!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2011 05:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harris-Ink/Jacksonville-Florida-32250/Harris-Ink-Bad-tattoo-terrible-artist-i-got-screwed-Jacksonville-Florida-762792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harris Ink

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This expereince does not represent a normal one at Harris Ink Tattoo

AUTHOR: harrisink - (United States of America)

AJ,
We at Harris Ink, want to express our apologies for your poor service. Cheyne no longer is employeed at Harris Ink Tattoo, much for the reasons you listed in your complaint. We want you to know this is not how we do business or treat our valued clients. Harris Ink strives for each client to be a happy, returning client who has a great and memorible expereince with us while getting unforgettable art. I would like to invite you back for a free re-work of your tattoo. In no way would we ever want a tattoo with our name on it to be unsatisfactory to a client.

Please give us a call at 904.743.1687,
visit our wedsite harrisinktattoo.com,
or come see us at 12041 Beach Blvd suite 12 Jacskonville Fl 32246, 1/2 mile west of Kernan next to Sunset Novelities

We would also invite all would be clients to google a review for Harris Ink Tattoo and see we are the only 5 star rated tattoo studio in Jacksonville.

Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon,
Scott and Jennifer Harris