searching

• Submitted: Sat, September 02, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, September 02, 2006

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
Harris Publishing
1392 S Woodlang Blvd Deland, Florida U.S.A.

Harris Publishing inaccurate reporting methods Ripoff Deland Florida

Last year, I was employed by a retailer for only a week and was let go because of an unfavorable problem found in my background report. I went on line, registered and paid to have not only my background report but also a criminal record which was not mine using their Net Detective program. I pulled up the criminal report and all it had was a case number, name and date of an offense. They neglected to put in a date of birth, some form of the social security number and address!

I called the company's home office that let me go to find out why and found out they have the same information and outrightly accused me of that "crime". I went to all the local, county, state and federal authorities and found that I have absolutely have no criminal record at all based on my social security number. I also gathered tangable documents needed to clear myself.

I went to the Harris Publishing Company in Deland, FL and showed them what I had gathered. They told me I "didn't know how to read a background report". By this time I was getting angry and here I am with some form of a college education they had to tell me this!

I also faxed an angry letter to the company that let me go with the same information I got from the authorities. I got an embarrasing phone call from them saying that the information I sent over to them "wasn't worth a hill of beans" and they did their "own investigation" with no apology wanted me to go back to work for them. This time I was livid! When it came time for me to collect unemployment, I was denied because it said that I "falsified an employment application". This was before I found out about the error in my background report.

Just this year, I applied for another job and they told me I was "unhireable" because of the criminal report. Again I had to prove myself again and was cleared but never got the job.

The only conclusion I could make is that Harris Publishing is totally negligent of impropper reporting of the facts and not filling in all the pertinent information. As I looked further into their program, not only do I have a criminal record but 96 other people with the same namesake in the state of Florida as I do have the same problem and don't even know about it! I also wonder if Harris is putting others in the same type of situation with the total lack and disregard of proper required information needed to prevent such an occurance.

Harris Publishing is the chief cause of why I have not been able to get a decent paying job because of thier sloppy handling and reporting. I need action and help.

John
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2006 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harris-Publishing/Deland-Florida-32720/Harris-Publishing-inaccurate-reporting-methods-Ripoff-Deland-Florida-209192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harris Publishing