Complaint Review: Harry & David

• Updated: Mon, December 14, 2009

• Reported By: ginger — Houston Texas United States of America
Harry & David

Harry & David Very poor service for my online order Internet

I placed an order with Harry & David 17 days ago. Although my debit card was charged 16 days ago, my elderly Mother had not yet received her package. Yesterday I did some research and was very displeased with the lack of customer service provided for my internet order.

When I called, I was angry to find that after 17 days, my order still wasn't even in the mail system. The only explanation I got, after being on hold and being transferred for over 15 minutes, was that someone had entered my information incorrectly. No one defended their poor handling of the order, but no one seemed especially motivated to set things right either. They finally agreed to refund my shipping charges (though that is not yet showing up on my online account) and assured me that the order was in the mail that day (hard to believe since it was Sunday?) and that the order would be certainly delivered by Tuesday or Wednesday (either second or third day after my call). Imagine my disgust when I just tracked the order and find that the package has only been electronically transmitted thus far and that it's estimated delivery is five days from now.  So, after horrid errors with the order, they had a chance to make it right and they're still not doing so.

I will not use this company again.I was counting on this gift arriving within ten days after it was placed -- worst case scenario. As it is, the earliest it will arrive is three weeks after it was placed. This is pathetic. Their fruit and other items are terribly over priced, but I at least thought they were dependable. They're not...they appear to have nothing going for them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2009 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harry-David/internet/Harry-David-Very-poor-service-for-my-online-order-Internet-539472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harry & David