- Report: #1084553
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Harry Towers
Harry Towers123 Forrestal Avneue Staten Island, New York USA
Harry Towers Deet Promotions I WAS ALSO SCAMMED BY HARRY FRANK TOWERS A.K.A. DEET PROMOTIONS Staten Island New York
*Author of original report: Address Correction
*Consumer Comment: Proof Reports Are False
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I hired Harry Towers of Deet Promotions a few years ago to promote my record and that was the biggest mistake I ever made in my career not to mention, a big waste of time and money! His operation is a complete scam and I hope to save others from going through what I went through by posting this complaint.
Here are some facts about Harry Frank Towers (Deet Promotions)
1. Harry Towers makes up his own dance chart based on artists that have hired him to promote their records. He calls this chart "One Nation Under A Groove" and he emails it out to everyone on his email list. This chart has very little if anything to do what's actually going on in the dance music scene although he will include a few actual hits from big name artists to make it seem more "legit." You will usually find his husband Paulie C. and sister Debra Torres who together are the group Dare 2B Dif'rnt at the top of this chart along with his good friends and recording artists Georgie Porgie and Pepper MaShay. So if you think your project is going to get the attention it deserves, think again. There's a clear conflict of interest here but of course, he won't tell you about any of that.
2. I would receive feedback sheets weekly from Harry Towers which included feedback from DJs he was supposedly promoting to. I have stacks of these sheets but when following up with those DJs myself, most of them indicated they either were not playing my record contrary to what Harry was sayng, or worse yet, had not even heard of my record!
3. The last time I checked, neither Deet Promotions or any of its affiliates has a business license to legally operate in the state of New York and the IRS does not seem to have any information (filings) from them as well. If you've been scammed by Harry Towers, I'd recommend that you contact the IRS with your receipts and file a formal complaint. Here is their website for filing a complaint:
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2013 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harry-Towers/Staten-Island-New-York-10312/Harry-Towers-Deet-Promotions-I-WAS-ALSO-SCAMMED-BY-HARRY-FRANK-TOWERS-AKA-DEET-PROMOTI-1084553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.