Complaint Review: Harry's Automotive

• Submitted: Sat, September 01, 2001
  • Updated: Sat, September 01, 2001

• Reported By:Bakersfield Ca
Harry's Automotive
3916 S. Chester Ave #B Bakersfield, California U.S.A.

Harry's Automotive - Auto mechanic rip off.

On October 20 2000,I took my 1989 Dodge caravan into Harry's automotive to have a new engine installed.A job which should have taken tops 14 days ttok 5 months to get my car back.When ever I would call to find out the status on my vehicle it was always some kind of excuse.Finally my car was released to me supposedly done in march 22 2001.

Harry gave me a warranty of 1 year guarantee or 12000 miles.When I recieved my van it over heated and would hardly run.I have called and called and every time I do he is either gone or not there or closed.He started the warranty in October which I did not get the van til March 2001.Now it sat unused for 5 months.Since then I had to take it to the dodge dealer which was an additionl 700.00 then to smog shop an additionl 500.00.Tags and ect 300.00.

The milege from the day I got it back til now only has had 96 miles put on it,now it wont go in drive only reverse and he worked on the tranny as well.I am so upset and frustrated this was my only means of transportation and now I have to find rides from friends and family.

All this money spent and my van sits in my driveway going no where.I have since started legal papers to take him to court and get my money back or have it fixed right and he pay for it.This has been a nightmare and inconvience for me and my family.I need help and I need it fast.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harrys-Automotive/Bakersfield-California-93307/Harrys-Automotive-Auto-mechanic-rip-off-6453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harry's Automotive