Complaint Review: Hartford Auto Club, Premier Mega saver

• Submitted: Thu, June 27, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, July 26, 2002

• Reported By:Falls Church Virginia
Hartford Auto Club, Premier Mega saver
666 Ne 152th Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Hartford Auto Club, Premier Mega saver Unauthorized debit of checking account, how'd they freakin get my checking number the SOB ripoffs Miami Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Report it to the FTC

Started with a call, just like everyone else it seems. Usually I hang up on telemarketers but for some reason I didn't. The girl on the phone promised free gas and I said no because I didn't want to be charged anything for some auto club; I already had a AAA membership, but she stated we don't have any account information on you so you have nothing to worry about, you get the free gas and we can't charge you unless you agree to the information that we will be sending to you. She kept emphasizing the free gas.

As soon as I received the card and saw what it was I immediately attempted to cancel it. Called every 800 number they gave me and everything was automated back and forth between numbers to no avail (just like every letter I've read so far). I started to think what am I cancelling I didn't give them my information and I didn't return the card (or even use the gas for that matter). And the representative said they had no account information to charge me. No credit cards or anything, but I still attempted to cancel anyway (not the first time I have had my information stolen)so I continued calling to no avail.

Checked my account and I've been charged twice once for 54.90 to some freaking Premium Mega-saver and $99 Hartford auto-club. Don't have my account information huh, bullsh@t. Called about charges on my account and the numbers were either busy or on hold for a lengthy time. Once I spoke with a rep he didn't give me his last name or extention, told him I attempted to cancel some thing I was never supposed to be charged for in the first place and refused to refund me my money said that they'd put in an investigation. Filing a dispute with my bank for an unauthorized charge and closing the account today.

Jermaine
Falls Church, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2002 06:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hartford-Auto-Club-Premier-Mega-saver/Miami-Florida-33161/Hartford-Auto-Club-Premier-Mega-saver-Unauthorized-debit-of-checking-account-howd-they-23545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hartford Auto Club, Premier Mega saver

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Kim - ()

Unfortunately you are one of many including myself who has been a victim of this scam. The best advice that I can give you is to report what has happened to you to the FTC. This scam involves a great number of companies (far too many to list) that pass your banking information on to one of their many affiliates.

They are in litigation at the present time under the name Capital Choice Consumer Credit and also a new suit has been filed against Capital First Benefits. The Attorney assigned to the first suit's name is Michael Milgrom and his contact number is (216) 263-3455.

The person assigned to the second case (Capital First) is James Beane (202)326-3182. Also there is a Detective Ed Smith with the Bel Air Police Dept. who is investigating this case as well. His contact Number is(410) 638-4524.

It is important that you contact the FTC (Michael Milgrom) on the current case because as the case stands Judge Ursula Ungaro-Benages has froze some of the companies assets however she has allowed them to contiue doing business under different names and allowed them to continue using the Hartford Auto Club name.

The next bit of advise is close your bank account ASAP and open a new one. Also tell your bank that these charges were unauthorized. They should be able to reverse the charges for you.

#2 Consumer Suggestion